Bio: Kyunghyun Cho is an associate professor of computer science and data science at New York University and CIFAR Associate Fellow. He was a research scientist at Facebook AI Research from June 2017 to May 2020 and a postdoctoral fellow at University of Montreal until Summer 2015 under the supervision of Prof. Yoshua Bengio, after receiving PhD and MSc degrees from Aalto University April 2011 and April 2014, respectively, under the supervision of Prof. Juha Karhunen, Dr. Tapani Raiko and Dr. Alexander Ilin. He tries his best to find a balance among machine learning, natural language processing, and life, but almost always fails to do so.
- Ph.D., Aalto University School of Science, 2014
- M.Sc. with distinction, Aalto University School of Science, 2011
- Programme: Master’s Programme in Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Thesis: Improved Learning Algorithms for Restricted Boltzmann Machines
- B.Sc., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 2009
- Major: Computer Science